Small Business Policies
- Give priority to Western Australian businesses and manufacturers when issuing government contracts.
- Support local subcontractors in their dealings with large corporations, as well as State and Federal governments, with special reinforcement of on-time payment law.
- Oppose the privatization of Western Power, the Port of Fremantle and the Water Corporation.
- Create environment encouraging employers to take on new apprentices in/for the most in demand trades in order to eliminate the need of sourcing overseas workers.
- Increase the payroll tax threshold for small business to two million dollars per annum.
- Protect local businesses against unconscionable conduct by landlords and developers.
- Ensure that any businesses adversely affected by changes in licensing arrangements be fully compensated for any losses suffered.
- Remove stamp duties on the purchase of small businesses valued below one million dollars.
- Demand that the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) implement appropriate tax audits for multinational companies operating in Australia.
- Introduce a Small Business Act to protect local businesses.
- Fight for a fair share of GST revenue for Western Australia.
- Increase protection for whistle-blowers and restore the basic human right of freedom of speech.
- Promote home ownership by introducing the ‘first home preparatory scheme’ which will enable individuals to use their superannuation contributions to pay off housing loans.
- Support farmers promoting non-GMO production, and require all food products that contain any GMO material to be clearly labeled.
- Eliminate the requirement of Senior Citizens to pay Stamp Duty when downsizing their residential properties.
- Oppose any expansion of poker machines in Western Australia’s entertainment and sporting venues.
- Oppose the introduction of toll roads in Western Australia.